The National Alliance of Forest Owners (NAFO) is a national advocacy organization committed to achieving the highest level of trust and effectiveness as a national advocate for the long-term economic, social and environmental benefits of sustainably managed privately-owned forests. NAFO member companies own and manage more than 45 million acres of private working forests – forests that are managed to provide a steady supply of timber. NAFO’s membership also includes state and national associations representing tens of millions of additional acres.
NAFO is a member-driven organization with a high degree of membership engagement. Superior membership relationships, including the management of data and information, communications, committee staffing, new member orientation and overall teamwork, is fundamental to our success. The Membership Manager will play a central role in each of these areas to help ensure that our interactions with our members — particularly CEOs and other senior executives — maintain the highest degree of trust and confidence, which is needed for ongoing success.
- Member Relations – Serve as a primary information point of contact for current and prospective members; manage new member applications, orientation and integration; maintain membership, Board and committee rosters and distribution lists for good information flow; and coordinate communications to the membership on matters of general importance.
- Membership Database Management – Maintain and update membership database, which includes hundreds of contacts across member companies and partners housed in Salesforce; manage database functionality for website and office software interface; manage support vendors; develop and execute annual membership acreage data collection surveys and ensure data integrity; and assist staff to develop reports and advocacy tools.
- Board of Directors Support – Provides primary staff support to the Board of Directors and Board appointed committees, including new Board and committee member orientation, scheduling and communication, materials preparation and coordination, meeting summaries and follow-up actions.
- Executive and Operations Support – Support CEO meetings, travel and expense reports; provide onsite and offsite meeting support and general operations and office support as needed.
Minimum of two years of relevant experience with constituent/member service, database management and operations/office support. This position is not entry level.
Competencies and Attributes
- Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and deadlines to consistently produce high-quality work.
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision individually and within a small team.
- Proficiency with database management and MS Office tools. Experience with SalesForce is a plus.
- Active listener with excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Good judgement and discretion.
Interested? Send a cover letter, your resume and salary expectations with the subject line “Membership Coordinator” to email@example.com.