NAFO is seeking a talented and motivated professional to serve as Operations Manager. The position will help execute NAFO’s key operational functions. This position offers an excellent opportunity to be part of a leading organization that positions private working forests as a solution for clean air and water, wildlife habitat, and jobs through sustainable practices and healthy markets. The position will report directly to the Vice President for Operations and support the policy, government relations, and communications staff as part of an integrated effort to advance federal policies on behalf of NAFO’s member organizations.
- Serve as a point of contact for member company senior executives and their assistants on all aspects of NAFO operations. Provide staff support to the Board of Directors, Board-appointed committees, and issue area task groups.
- Maintain and update NAFO’s membership database (Salesforce), including internal membership and externally sourced data, while ensuring integrity and proper integration of data and information used on NAFO’s website and in external communications.
- Assist staff with data requests for advocacy tools and public reports.
- Assist Government Relations staff with administration and reporting for NAFO PAC.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable, assist with dues calculation, and coordinate with outsourced accounting and auditing firms on monthly and year-end reconciliations.
- Assist staff with internal and external scheduling and logistics for meetings and travel.
- Provide onsite membership and board meeting assistance.
- Support general operations and office functions, as needed.
- 2+ years of operations or related experience.
- Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
- Capable of managing multiple projects to consistently produce high-quality work.
- Able to work effectively individually and within a small team and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with database management and MS Office tools. Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- An active listener with excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Able to exercise good judgement and discretion.
The National Alliance of Forest Owners (NAFO) is a national advocacy organization committed to advancing federal policies that ensure our working forests provide clean air, clean water, wildlife habitat and jobs through sustainable practices and strong markets. NAFO member companies own and sustainably manage more than 46 million acres of private working forests to provide a steady supply of timber for forest products. NAFO’s membership also includes state and national associations representing tens of millions of additional acres. Private working forests in the U.S. support 2.5 million jobs. Private working forests provide 90% of our timber harvest for wood and fiber and account for nearly three-quarters of our total gross forest carbon sequestration.
Interested? Send your resume and a brief introductory email, with the subject line “NAFO Operations Manager,” to email@example.com.