- This event has passed.
2022 Fall Operating Committee Meeting
Tuesday, October 4 - Wednesday, October 5
The Fall 2022 Operating Committee Meeting will held Tuesday, October 4 – Wednesday, October 5 in Nashville, TN.
Meeting registration is now open. Please fill out the linked form if you are planning to attend.
We have secured a room block at the hotel at a rate of $309+taxes and fees per night. Reservations can be made by online HERE or by phone at (615) 514-2500, asking for reservations, and referencing that you are with the National Alliance of Forest Owners group. Hotel reservations must be made no later than 5PM CT Thursday, September 8 to secure the group rate. Check in is at 4PM and check out is at 11AM. Requests for early arrival and late departure will be granted based on availability, please inquiry directly with the hotel if you need either.
If you need to cancel, all guaranteed reservations must be cancelled at least 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid a penalty equal to a one (1) night charge.
The current, tentative schedule of events can be found HERE. We will finalize the schedule of events as we get closer to the meeting.
The City of Nashville encourages following CDC guidelines for all COVID precautionary measures when traveling but does not have any current pandemic related restrictions in place. Given we will have attendees from all over the country, we ask that everyone please respect the individual safety choices made by others regarding masks, social distancing, etc. We strongly encourage that everyone follow the generally understood guidelines of not traveling if you have recently been diagnosed with COVID or are experiencing multiple symptoms, to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularly, and that if you begin feeling sick while at the meeting or within 5 days of returning home to notify us immediately. NAFO will have rapid tests available upon request at the meeting.
NAFO reserves the right to change our COVID protocols at any time before the meeting to better reflect the circumstances at that time.
Average temperatures in Nashville at the beginning of October range from highs in the 70s during the day to lows in the 50s at night. The recommended dress code for this meeting is business casual, and layers are always a great choice when in a hotel meeting room all day. You are welcome to dress a bit more casual for the reception/dinner on Tuesday. Please make sure you check the forecast before departing.
The hotel is a 10-15 minute drive from the Nashville International Airport. Travel options are as follows:
- Uber/Lyft/Taxi – cost depends on company used but should range from $18-$25
- Passengers are picked up at the Ground Transportation Center, Level 1 of Terminal Garage 2. Lyft in Ride App Zone A, Uber in Ride App Zones B&C, Taxi’s in the Taxi Zone next to Uber.
- Directions to the Ground Transportation Center
- Exit the Main Terminal on Level 1 and turn right.
- Follow the sidewalk and pedestrian canopy to Terminal Garage 2. Overhead signs will direct you.
- The Ground Transportation Center is on Level 1.
- Link to airport info on ground transportation.
- Rental Car
- All major rental car provider services the airport, but given the proximity to downtown Nashville, we don’t recommend renting a car.
- The hotel provides valet parking at $48/night with in and out privileges.
- Link to airport info on rental cars.
Please contact Jonathan Tyree (firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-747-0753) with any questions.