- This event has passed.
2023 Annual Meeting
Wednesday, November 1 - Friday, November 3
We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta, GA, on Wednesday, November 1 – Friday, November 3 for NAFO’s 16th Annual Meeting.
Meeting registration is now open. Please fill out the linked form if you are planning to attend.
We have secured a room block at the hotel at a rate of $239+taxes and fees per night. Reservations can be made by online HERE or by phone at (833) 248-1670 and referencing that you are with the National Alliance of Forest Owners group. Hotel reservations must be made no later than 5PM ET Tuesday, October 10, 2023 to secure the group rate. Check in is at 4PM and check out is at 11AM. Mobile check in is also available on the Marriott Bonvoy app. Requests for early arrival and late departure will be granted based on availability, please inquiry directly with the hotel if you need either.
If you need to cancel, all guaranteed reservations must be cancelled at least 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid a penalty equal to a one (1) night charge.
Health and Safety Protocols
The State of Georgia encourages following CDC guidelines for all COVID precautionary measures when traveling but does not have any current pandemic related restrictions in place. Given we will have attendees from all over the country, we ask that everyone please respect the individual safety choices made by others. We strongly encourage that everyone follow the generally understood guidelines of not traveling if you are sick or feeling unwell, to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularly, and that if you begin feeling sick while at the meeting or within 5 days of returning home to notify us immediately.
NAFO reserves the right to change our Health and Safety protocols at any time before the meeting to better reflect the circumstances at that time.
Average temperatures in Atlanta in November range from highs in the low 60s during the day to lows in the mid 40s at night. The recommended dress code for this meeting is business casual, and layers are always a great choice when in a hotel meeting room all day. Please make sure you check the forecast before departing.
The hotel is a 27 minute drive from the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport . Travel options are as follows:
Uber/Lyft – cost depends on company used/time of day but should be $30-$40.
- Rideshare drivers will pick up passengers at the North and South economy lots, which are a short walk from baggage claim. To catch your rideshare proceed through baggage claim toward the Georgia Lottery booth for access to the lower-level escalators. Once downstairs, follow the orange signs to the Economy lot and request a ride only after arrival at the pick-up location.
- Links to airport info on ride share.
Taxi – $36
- Taxicab service at is located in the Ground Transportation Center/West Curb, immediately outside and between the W-1 and W-2 door.
- Link to airport info on taxis.
- Most major rental car providers service the airport, but given the proximity to downtown Atlanta, we don’t recommend renting a car.
- Overnight valet parking for hotel guests is $36/night.
- Link to airport info on rental cars.